Installing/Running/Using - How?

Jun 24, 2009 at 1:59 AM

I have downloaded the MSEC Debugger Extensins 1.0.6 package, but it contains no executables (.exe) files in it.

How do I install or run or use it?

Regards,

Gunny

Developer
Jul 13, 2009 at 11:26 PM

Hi Gunny,

The compiled debugger extensions are actually a DLL, which is loaded into the Windows Debugger (WinDbg). You can find instructions on how to use it in the readme file included in the package.

--Dave

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Hi Dave,

I went through readme and it says to use !load winext\MSEC.dll to load !exploitable to windbg. I have no clue from where I should initiate this command. Readme appears to be very high level document to me. Can you explain how to load this dll to windbg? Also, Can I use Vista to load w2k3 symbols to read crash dump on Windows 2003? Do we require VC2008 ++ to use !exploitable?

TIA

Developer
Jul 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Hi tsp,

You issue that command from inside WinDbg. 

In answer to your other question, the only tool you need to use !exploitable is the Windows Debugger (WinDbg or the command line equivalents).

--Dave

Jun 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Hi, i use windbg 6.12.0002.633 after install x64 dll mssec.dll in to the winext\ dir i load .exe to windbg and try !load winext\MSEC.dll and got error:
0:000> !load winext\MSEC.dll
The call to LoadLibrary(winext\MSEC.dll) failed, Win32 error 0n126
"Current module not found."
Please check your debugger configuration and/or network access.

What is wrong?
Jun 17, 2013 at 8:29 AM
oxfemale wrote:
Hi, i use windbg 6.12.0002.633 after install x64 dll mssec.dll in to the winext\ dir i load .exe to windbg and try !load winext\MSEC.dll and got error:
0:000> !load winext\MSEC.dll
The call to LoadLibrary(winext\MSEC.dll) failed, Win32 error 0n126
"Current module not found."
Please check your debugger configuration and/or network access.

What is wrong?
problem is solved, need to download and install MSVCr110 DLL's to OS